Fibromyalgia or Arthritis?
I'm asking all my readers if this makes any sense to you?
My Rhumitologist claims that I have Fibromyalgia due to having some tender points, and fatigue. Here is the definition of Fibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia: A common syndrome in which a person has long-term, body-wide pain and tenderness in the joints, muscles, tendons, and other soft tissues. Fibromyalgia has also been linked to fatigue, sleep problems, headaches, depression, and anxiety.
These are my Symptoms:
Joint Stifness
Joint Pain
Joint Swelling
Popping
Cracking
Fatigue
Unable to sit/stand for long periods
Unable to stay moving or still for long periods
Now yes I do fit all of the symptoms for Fibromyalgia, and it very well may be the case that this is my problem.
Where I see it, it does match but here is where I am suspicious. My entire family has a history of Arthritis. My aunt started having trouble with her hands by the age of fifteen.
My aunt, my grandparents, my brother, my great grandparents, and so many more, have been diagnosed, told, or treated for Arthritis.
I have been tested for Arthritis, and it has come back negative. Now I am young, and as it stands it is possible that the results are coming back negative due to the fact that it hasn't taken hold of my system quite as strong as of yet.
Arthritis: Arthritis is inflammation of one or more joints. A joint is the area where two bones meet. There are over 100 different types of arthritis.
I am more likely to believe Arthritis because what I am feeling is so similar to everyone else in my family who HAS been diagnosed. It is not only this, but I have been on medication for Fibromyalgia for almost a month now, and it has had no effect side from making me more tired.
I am curious as to weather the doctor simply put me on the medication to see if Fibromyalgia is the real problem, or if it is a matter of giving a catch-all diagnosis for a possibly larger issue. Yes, I understand where the doctor was going with this diagnosis, but at the same time as I sit, and watch medications fail to take effect, and other possibilities to become more likely it makes me wonder if Fibromyalgia is the real problem or possibly a more of a family matter.
I would like to ask everyone what their opinion is on this matter, and what they think about the entire situation.
I would also like to send apologies for delaying on posting in the past few days, it was a drill weekend, and life has been very hectic. I want you to know I am still thankful for all your comments, and posts. I am so thankful that there are people out there who think what I have to say is important, or worth listening too.
All Pictures Are Of My Collection
Definitions Are Of PubMed Health
Definitions Are Of PubMed Health
No comments:
Post a Comment