Today was a very busy day filled with church, discussions of a women's Bible group, little boys, dog haircuts, grandma visits, pappy hugs, and truck rides. When I finally got home I was excited to just sit down and relax.
So what did I do? I decided to get up, and clean up the kitchen, help move some things around so we could put up new curtains, and then after all this I finally settled down and decided to go for a walk. Well it was not so much a walk, rather it was a picture exploring expedition. Walks for me are just a way to catch your breath and think over the day, and look at the simple beauties.
Now I sit here on the couch, scheming to make pumpkin cookies, and maybe some sugar cookies if I can justify making that many cookies in one night! (These cookies cinnamon and nut free for friends and family alike) Tonight I would like to talk about finding the silver lining to a confusing, or just a negative situation. This is one of the things I myself am putting emphasis on in my daily life.
Especially lately things have been rather stressful, and its not hard to slip into the world of the "why even bother?" So when someone finally called me on it, I made it a priority to step back and make time to reevaluate how the world was influencing my mood, and by connection my well being. Some days it just comes down to the point of where I want to fall to my knees and admit that I could really just use a hug, and a few sentimental words.
The trick I have been taken lately is that when I'm starting to think of the "why mes" and the "life sucks" take a step back mentally and focus on something that will bring my mind some semblance of peace. Think about the things that were making me frustrated or angry and ask myself it it is really worth becoming upset about? So even in the middle of winter its still possible to see the signs that spring is coming.
That "stepping back" can mean a great many different things to many people, this could just mean taking a few minutes to regain composure, or at the end of the day take a walk, or settle in with a book. When you are taking your time to reevaluate it is important to sit, and look over all the things in your life that you have, and realize that not everyone has those things... That even though the situation does suck, maybe there is something that can be learned from whatever it is at that moment that is stressing you out.
So tonight's mission for everyone is to take one thing that has bothered you in your life lately, or something that has just been getting your down, and ask yourself if the things that you think at the moment are so big, are really the giants you make them to be, and not just a pebble on the ground.
All Pictures Are Of My Collection
Thanks Sam. So true.
ReplyDeleteNP, Thank You For Reading =)
ReplyDeleteSammey - You are so smart!!! :) :) :)
ReplyDeleteI loved this post. It's is so true! So hard, sometimes to do, but so true!!!!
Cute pic of you, by the way!
Thanks Amber!
ReplyDelete