There are days you will always remember, days that will make you smile thinking of them. So many of them lately surround Sean, my man. So, for him I am going to write this blog tonight. Tonight I want to write about things that I am, and want to do for him, and that other women might consider doing something special for their partner.
Okay so this sounds a little weird, but Sean and I had this conversation where he promised me that he will not grow a stache and I would allow my hair to grow until we both agree that it needs to be at the least trimmed. My hair is now down to about half way down my back.
It makes me so happy to do things for him to make him smile. One I have done frequently is when I wake up in the morning I go straight for the coffee machine to make him his coffee so he can go straight to getting ready for the day, or settling down to read a comic to wake up.
When I am at the store now I look for things and think about our future place, and what I might like to do, and even though I would love to pick up that set of dishes that might be on sale, or the coffee machine that looks so awesome, I stop and consider weather or not Sean would like it. I also consider that these are things that we should do together, and that he would want to be with me to do.
I am learning how to cook, or rather to cook better so that when he comes home, we won't have to rely purely on his awesome cooking skills, and I set up something nice up for him. Even if that means going from Mac n' Cheese to bread, and a home made meal.
I made the decision to go back to church, and possibly come back to faith in general for myself. But when I'm opening myself up, and when I stop myself from closing my mind to the possibility of things I think of Sean, and for not only myself but him I maintain that open mind so that I may learn things that I might not have fully understood before, so I might be able to understand his way of thought even a little better.
There are more things that I am working on, and doing for him, but all I can say is that he is going to be so happy, and surprised. I cannot go into too much detail on these surprises because believe it or not Sean reads my blog when he gets a moment away from his work, so rather than give away the fun, I'm going to leave this at rest.
Sean has brought so much into my life, and opened my eyes to so many possibilities that before I never thought possible. He is the light of my life, and as I have mentioned all these small things I have done/doing/are going to do for him, he has done so much more for me. and here I'm going to post a few of those many, many things big and small.
He has given me his heart, and his trust. Sean has opened my eyes to realize that as open minded as I thought I was I was closing my eyes to so many possibilities. He has shown me what true love is, and the importance of compromise, and talking. He has given me a shoulder to cry on, a person to laugh and smile with, a person to spend my time with, even if that is sitting down in a room and reading quietly. He has shown me the wonder and fun of comic books, and fun things like that so that I might become an even larger nerd than I already am. :-P
These are just a few of the things this wonderful man has brought into my life, and there really are so many more. I love him with my whole heart and look forward to the many firsts we will have as "us" and not just "you" and "me".
If there is one thing I cannot wait to begin it is the starting of our life together.
All Pictures Are Of My Collection

Nice post, Sammey! I remember doing the same thing you're doing before Brad and I got married. Always looking around while shopping thinking of how I wanted to decorate our place. It's fun! But it's nice that you're sensitive to his input too! I'm sure he'll appreciate that!
ReplyDeleteThank You! =)
ReplyDelete