Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Spring Is Coming, Spring Is Coming!...

     Spring is on its way and as you know its getting closer to April and "April showers bring May flowers!" 

     So with the turning of the weather it means more days outside, and being out and about. This is a great time of year to start looking at things that you might want to do in the near future, and to start setting goals. This can include diet, exercise, or if  even lifestyle in general. 

     This is also a good time to begin digging out the summer, and spring clothes and starting to wash them up so they are out and ready in the case of a nice day!  This does not mean put all your winter clothes away, but simply put some of them aside, and take one or two sets of the summer clothes out. 


     As it gets nicer also remember to take care of your skin the right way! On sunny days, or any day in general don't forget when you go to soak up some vitamin D to grab the sunscreen! Sunscreen goes double for those of us who are so very pale (myself included), and make sure to remember the often overlooked areas; this means getting a high SPF chap-stick, or lip balm, as well as eye cream! This will not just prevent wrinkles, but also cut down sun damage, overexposure, and poisoning. 

     Also for those of us who are active, and/or have little ones; it is important to remember the importance of hydration. Dehydration can surface not only in signs of fatigue, but in stomach/head aches, muscle weakness, and sluggishness as well. 


     Spring means the beginnings of yard work, and the chance to dig your hands into the dirt, and start a garden, or even a chance to plant flower boxes. There are so many great things to do this time of year. 

     I personally am making plans to start getting out of the house more often and walking, jogging, or maybe even hiking if I can manage it. I want to start writing in my gratitude/poetry/...okay so its my random thoughts and note taking journal to be perfectly honest; the point being I would like to start writing in it more regularly. 

     A few more things I would like to start doing on a regular and frequent basis is to read more, and take time for visiting friends. 


     Just as there are things to do, there are so many things to plan. I am moving this fall, and need to start trying to prepare for that the best I can. 

     Out of all the things that are going on I am still just looking at my life and so happy for all the people in it. I couldn't ask for a better family or friends, a better man, or home. 

     Things are rough right now, and I find myself forgetting whats really important, and what in the long run is going to last, and maintain meaning. Sometimes I just need to stop myself and say that I'm not being real, that five years from now when I'll hopefully be married, and maybe planning the possibility of a family, that the things that I might be worrying about now will make no difference then. 


      As signs of Spring appear everywhere it tends to work on a person's sinus'. Keeping a small amount of medicine, and tissue on hand is very much a good idea this time of year.

     Flowers, and plants are starting to bud; as they begin to bloom it is important to remember with the plants come the bugs and animals. Make sure to keep bug spray on your person, as well as, if you are out in the woods, or anywhere outside be careful of animals, but at the same time enjoy the view of butterflies, airplanes, rabbits, and even fish. 

     One last thing to consider about the year, after the ground firms back up, and is not so moist there will be plenty of time for outside sports and fun. Frisbee, baseball, football, and kids on trampolines, are all things that can be expected within the coming months as the weather continues to improve, and regain its color and life. 


All Pictures Are Of My Collection

4 comments:

  1. Hey Sammey! I've been thinking about you these last few days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto, I read your post today. It was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jayce always gets his pic taken covered in grease lol.

    ReplyDelete