Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Smoke-Pit Memories

Courtesy of soundcloud.com
Smoke-Pit Memories

Your love is a smoke-pit memory, 
hazy in my mind,
stale ash on grated park benches, 
a hard metal frame blocking out the light, 

Tomorrow would you come, 
a light for my smoky mind, 
an ashtray of scattered butts, 
and an itch that I just can't find...

Your heart is a Zippo burned roll, 
frayed, falling, fragments, 
all that's left is a grey powder soul,
the birds song sore from the smoke you blow,

Tomorrow would you come, 
a light for my smoky mind, 
an ashtray of scattered memories, 
and I just need out of this bind...

Your love is a smoke-pit nightmare, 
struggling to let go, 
memories of the could have been, 
Butt stands simply overflow, 

Tomorrow you have came, 
a switch i've finally found, 
so what am I now waiting for?
a smoke-pit memory now bound. 

Your heart is no longer my pack, 
I can now let you stay, 
memories are but parts of my goodbye, 
I can now walk away, 

Tomorrow you are here, 
and I am finally free, 
an old dusty metal frame, 
no longer can hold me. 

You are my heart's nicotine, 
so sweet and always wanted, 
but i have decided that for my health, 
I will quit for a past no longer haunted. 

Just a smoke-pit memory, poison between my lips...

No comments:

Post a Comment