Friday, September 20, 2013

Progress All Around!

Hi all! 

Okay so another day, and a lot done,



          We started out the day cleaning up the house a bit, then outside to work on digging/mulching...essentially landscaping around the house. I will post pictures ASAP. After that went on a ATV ride with gram, pappy, and mom. I had so much fun, and it was right around sunset so the skies were absolutely beautiful! After getting home I cleaned off all the dirt that had accumulated throughout the day... In regards to that lets just say that it took me scrubbing two times over to get anywhere with that endeavor. Haha it was aweful but so funny at the same time! 


          That fun experience was followed by going out to get mom and I some supper at Sheetz because we were also out of mom's favorite pop. Came home, and after eating my famous nachos mom and I settled down to watch this awesome documentary about these cave paintings discovered in France that were carbon dated over 30,000 years old! It was just amazing; not to mention the art was so... I was rendered awestruck. 


          All the while I was working on my crochet project and finally, FINALLY made a little headway. I know I should have been doing some homework, but have been in serious need of just a day without all the craziness of my day-to day. So, I have resolved to finishing my homework tomorrow after/around work, and Sunday when I have time. 


          So yupp tomorrow its back to work for two days and then another fun-filled week at school! I'm so grateful for what I have even though sometimes it can seem so overwhelming. When that does happen I just have to force myself to take a break, step back, and have a day like to day to just reflect and understand where I'm at in life. I was running on almost 20 days straight between school and work without a day off, and it wasn't bad, I had a pattern, and a groove, but it just didn't offer me the breath of fresh air I needed. I'm sure after some more time between work and school I will be able to find a balance, and with that balance little moments that I can offer to myself to just sit and smell the roses. 


          I have a wonderful job, with people who treat me with respect and kindness. I belong to a wonderful school where on occasion, between all the politics, and silly things I learn something new. Mostly, and the most important, I have the most wonderful family who support me, and love me for who I am, and are proud of me for every step I take.

No comments:

Post a Comment