Sunday, February 19, 2012

Faith, A Step To Take?

     So, one thought that has been on the forefront of my mind lately is the subject of faith. This has been a subject which makes me wonder if I should return to the church let alone make a return to Christianity as a whole. In truth there are so many questions that one could ask...Some of the ones that have been on my mind through this process have been the following:


~Why would God condemn people of other faiths, or who are without faith to hell even if they are good people? 

~If there is someone who believes in God, and if Jesus is God in human form than even if hat person sees Jesus as a prophet would they still go to hell? 

~What happened to people after they died before Jesus died on the cross? Did they all go to hell? 

~What happens to infants, and young children who don't know of religion? 

~Why can't evolutionary theory be correct, as well as creationist theory? 
( What I'm saying is why can't Evolution have happened as suggested, but the spark and push to get us in the direction we have went as human beings be as the result of God? )

~If God made each of us in his image and some people are born differently then why is it that some people believe that God would condemn them? 

~Why is it so often the church leads to more fire and brimstone tactics, rather than teaching forgiveness no matter who you are, or how you believe? 

And there are so many more...but these are just the questions that have made me think as of late...


     Now let me clear the air a bit, I am not condemning the church in any way I just have not been a person of faith in a long time...I haven't truly been a member of the church since the age of seven or eight, maybe younger. Now, coming back to the church as an adult it leads me to wonder, and want to ask the questions that in the past I was afraid to ask. I believe in God, and one day I would like to reenter the church, but when its done, it should be with my whole heart, and I do firmly believe that. I don't have a problem with Christianity as a whole or the church, but rather, the harsh stigma that comes along with it.


     Looking at my life it is easy to simply realize there is so much ahead. Marriage, children, a career, and many many anniversaries. Looking at what I already have, there is a wonderful man who loves me unconditionally, a family who would do anything for me, an extended family who wants nothing but the best for me, and friends who are the best anyone could ask for. To see what I have had, I had a wonderful set of great grandparents and another who couldn't be beat, I got to meet a great great grandparent before they past, I got to know, and love my brother, the man who was practically my twin before he passed. I got to know these people, and I love them so much, and I always will. 


     As far as faith is concerned, I have a ways to go in figuring out where I am going. The important thing that needs to be noted is that there is movement forward, that I am asking questions, and I am looking at various branches throughout the church. I am stepping forward and making the next move toward the future, and a better life with the ones I love. If I were to give anyone advice on this particular subject from where I have been thus far, I would have to say: Take your time, there is no need to rush, find where you feel the most comfortable and do your research, if it feels right, then you are probably in the right place, and know that there is always someone out there who is looking out for you, and loves you, even if you are going through a hard time. 


All pictures are from my own collection. 




2 comments:

  1. Sammey - I can help answer some of those questions for you. Not from a Amber point-of-view but from the Bible's point-of-view. I think that most of those questions are ones that most people, even Christians, wrestle with sometimes. As I told you, there came a time in my life when I needed to make my parents' faith my own. And I am so glad that I have my faith, my personal relationship with Christ. Life would just plain suck if I didn't. With Christ there is always purpose, even to the hard things. And He is always there. I would love to talk with you more about these questions you have. I was actually thinking about seeing if you wanted to come up here and hang out an afternoon this week before I even read this post. I'm definitely not one to be pushy with my faith, but I do know that my faith has been my saving grace and I do love to share about my Father in Heaven with others when they are ready and willing. Love you, girl! It was great to see you last night at April's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, I will be home later this week, like I said earlier today, but I think that would be a great idea.

    ReplyDelete