A Poem To My Apartment
You are so humid I can barely breath,On my tiptoes I dust, and try to keep you clean,
Under cabinets, and floors I scrub with bleach,
Surrender I must not to the dustbunneis underneath,
Usurper is the fridge who dares to groan and leak,
Can I just not have one day of cleanliness and peace?
Kitchen so immaculate where bugs dare not dare peak?
Bedroom always a mess, with clothes to be washed,
Under beds, and dressers I find socks carelessly tossed,
Tremendous is the task of telling clean from not,
It's hard sometimes to feel afloat,
Living in an apartment who needs a fresh coat,
Out the door I wish to run, and scream HELP ME PLEASE!
Very much resigned I pick up my keys,
Every girl knows on a cleaning day, one must have bleach.
Yet, at the end of this tunnel is a shining peak.
Of which I see friends, and house so beautiful,
Unkind folk would cheer in praise, no matter how inscrutable.
Some of my pretty plants.
I was just sitting here planning on starting my day and decided to take a look around my apartment at the work that needs to be done. I have come to a place where I sometimes just want to cry with the sheer amount of work I feel needs to be done. Tony and I had a conversation about this last night. According to him I see mountains where I should see molehills, and that our house is very clean. I can't help but see the boxes of stuff in the corner that need to go to a friend, the box of wires/controllers that looks hideous sitting out in the open/not even in a basket, my yarn to which needs a basket or a home, the media case that needs emptied/repainted, and of course there is the attic that I am afraid to even think of entering.
I have decided that the empty boxes we intend on using for the attic will be taken up there today, and the floor will at least be swept. I will finish the dishes, and maybe get started on that little entertainment center. I think I will also clean up the bedroom, and set aside a pile of the random papers laying about that Tony needs to look through.
However, as is the custom on a day where the goal is cleaning, I will get up, and make myself some breakfast and tea. It looks like it may storm and the temperature may cool down. If this is the case, I may also open some windows. I feel overwhelmed at times but I will thank God every day for my life living with Tony on our own. I love my job, I love my family, I love Tony, and I love my life.

How creative that poem is, Sam! I feel you, girl! The housework is never fully finished. It's the track set to repeat. lol.
ReplyDelete=) LoL Thanks Amber!
ReplyDelete