Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Sleepy Sam and Long Days

I'm exhausted. I currently sit here in my chair trying to get the energy to get up and go to school today. Yesterday I abide, and go to class from ten am (which I woke up at seven am to get ready for), didn't leave until five-thirty pm, and followed it up with driving straight to work where I was until midnight. Today I am essentially trying to do the same thing, but as it stands now I am having difficulty removing myself from my comfortable chair, and the possible promise of a couple extra hours of sleep I had missed. Sometimes I find it so difficult to keep up with this schedule I set for myself. I keep pushing, and pushing in hopes of seeing the light. I do now, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and it says BS in Psychology, Graduate of 2015. I love my job, and I love school, but trying to work five days a week, and follow it up with an additional four to five days of work a week not including all the time over I take when something happens where you need to help the next shift. I won't complain about those things though, because I realize as someone in the Human Services field that is part of the package I signed on for. Honestly, none of this is a complaint; I just am in terrible need of sleep, and thought I'd share with my Blogger family what I do in a day.

7-9 (or 8:30) Wake up and get ready

The next hour I drive to school

From there I can expect to spend from 2-8 hours at school

During this period of time if there are any breaks between my classes I try to get as much homework, and other things that need to be done as possible. This is very hard because most professors now want all your assignments typed rather than hand written. 

More likely than not for at least two or three of these week days I will finish up class without eating since before I left my apartment for work.

I get to work, and attempt to get settled in but that doesn't always happen and I have to straight away get on the floor. I work throughout the night, and if I'm lucky enough I sneak in some study time between groups. I go through my night, this can sometimes be a good thing, or a bad thing depending on the group of clients, and how you are personally feeling that night.

Lastly I finally punch out for the night, most days since the opening of our new facility I punch out at roughly 12am where I come home and try to spend time with my boyfriend, but in most cases manage to fall onto the bed, and pass out to wake up before 8am and start it all again.

I have a wonderful family, a loving man, and a little apartment that I can call my own. I am finishing up a degree, and have a job that a lot of people would kill for. I'm not trying to complain when I say the above statements. I realize I am truly blessed. However, sometimes I just wish for a day where I could get 8 hours of sleep without interruption. I am tired, and now running late to leave for class. I am going to check my syllabus. If there is nothing going on today I might just make that time to get a little sleep today.

God Bless.

I hope everyone's day is filled with happy excitement, and pleasant experiences.

 Update: I just woke up for the second time today and have come to the conclusion that I feel a little better, but overall am still tired, and in need for a recoop day. But in closing for this entire line of thought. Thank God for my wonderful life, and thank God that I have god in my life. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment