Sunday, October 20, 2013

Something In Progress

Flash-frame moments fluttering by in an internal projector,
spotted, scratched, faded memories come home,
little two-bedroom house for which I will always lean,
Full of smiles, heartache, parties, and everything in between

I'm angry... I'm frustrated, I want to scream to the world to wake up,
Haunting dreams see everything that I could never tell.
An injured bird sits upon a broken perch,
what is left of this child but a broken woman in her stead

Where to go from a world where all you see is the past, and all you want was what you had.
I gave you everything I could have ever offered,
heaven, a reach for sleep in this momentary madness.
living the life of lies, and masquerade faces

Sleeping beauty's apple, and Cinderella's slipper
will never pull this girl away from wishing on that way up star.
They tell me its called denial, I simply smile and tell them,
"nothing is ever easy, and if its worth it then maybe the
scars make it all worth the while." 

No comments:

Post a Comment