Pastimes & Hobbies
Things have slipped over the past few months, and I apologize for that. In the time I have not been posted I have taken up many different hobbies, and pastimes. Some of which have become very enjoyable, and may be drawn out to life long loves. Many of these things are not just going to carry into my future, but have been the sources that have assisted in the healing process for me.These Hobbies Include:
My craft box! This contains finished lengths of my blanket, swatches of fabric to make a blanket, left over fleece pieces from blankets I've knotted, some pot holders I made from when I first learned to crochet, and my many, many more things!
This is my crochet basket with most of my yarn, my current length, scissors, a few knot guides, and last but not least my hooks. I just adore crocheting it is relaxing, and it helps my hands from getting stiff this time of year. Crocheting is just one of those things that I think I will be continuing to do for years to come. My friend Chelsea, is going to teach my how to make a line with knitting, and i will teach her what I have learned from crocheting. Also, after my birthday I am planning on picking up a drop spindle and trying my hand at making my own yarn! Its very exciting, and I am excited in a huge way!
Mom and I made home made soaps a couple days ago! She doesn't react badly to them, they all smell amazing, and have scrub power because of the chopped oats in the soap! Milk and honey scent with the milky base really moisturizes as the soap cleans you off. Definitely something I would like to keep doing.
Keeping with the home made vibe, mom and I made lip gloss. Strawberry flavor, but since its artificial no adverse to me using it! All natural the same as the soaps, and very pretty! The tint does not really color the lips, but it gives a slight tint that looks very subtle over most lipsticks, and make natural lips look bitten, and really pretty.
I use to paint all the time, but haven't made the time for it, well I made time, and this is the painting I'm currently working on. Its not finished yet, but I'm still not sure where it is going. mom thinks its creepy, but i don't think so... I have been spending a good deal of time trying to perfect it, and make it better.
Reading is always a must, weather it be a manga, classic novel, or romance novels on my amazing nook! Audio books have also been a big one for me lately. I have been blasting through a couple different series right now; to include The Black Dagger Brotherhood (J.R.Ward), Kat & Bones Series (Jeaniene Frost), and another series I just started that I can't remember the title of at the moment.
Now On To Tonight...
These are arrangements I helped mom make tonight for Chris' and Pap&Gram's grave stones. They turned out so very well, however my hands I believe now have blisters from clipping tree branches for the bases. They turned out so very beautifully, not to mentions Chris' has his signature lawn gnome and to add a special touch the Christmas Pickle!
These were my project for the night! I made my first candles ever! They are apple cinnamon scented, and are just wonderful, the center one i made as just pretty, and a base, the other two are monogrammed for mom and myself. The two on the ends are made out of salsa jars and the center one is made out of a gravy jar, pretty cool right?The designs are made from fabric adhered to the glasses with glue sticks, the words were made with your basic fabric paint, and the raffia, well its raffia. These are my first ever candles! I did come up slightly short on wax to fill up the sunken in parts, but not by very much!
Sammey! Wow! You have been soooo busy, haven't you? Crochet, blankets, soap, lip gloss, flower arrangements, AND candles. Holy smokes, girl! I was so excited to see that you had written another blog post! I always enjoy reading what you have to say!
ReplyDeleteThanks, I have missed it quite a bit. =) My candles didn't' turn out perfect, I didn't have enough wax to refill all of them when they sunk in, but thats okay, after I burn them for an hour or so they should work just fine. =) I have to charge the batteries for my camera, I think I might be going out today. Other than that its just been having fun with crafts and trying to get into school/Find a job. I still am so happy with how those candles came out though hard to believe I made them out of salsa and gravy containers =P
ReplyDelete