My Crochet Journey!
Some news and updates on my crocheting that has increased since I've been in bed sick with a cold. ( :-P ) No big deal all I am fine!
This is the color yarn I am now working on. I am currently trying to go through all my heavier, and smaller balls of yarn before I move on to my larger and longer rolls. I am using your general Red Heart brand and an (I) Crochet Hook.
Okay, so I realized that I probably should give a little background before I move forward. When I use the term "Length" I am referring to the length of a blanket that I am working on as my first official project. I have decided for each length of the blanket I will learn a new stitch and try something different out, that way by the time I reach the end I have each individual thing I learned memorized. Once I get to the end I will learn boarder techniques and work them into the way around the blanket, and scatter various flowers, and other little garnishes that I will teach myself along the way!
So in its own way this blanket is my journey through the world of crochet, and my life.
This is the length I am working on currently I have about another half foot left before I can stop with this one. If you notice once you reach the outer two layers it looks more neat along the edges, and just an overall heavier set to it. I'll get to the reasoning behind that in the moment.
THIS! (This was very frustrating to learn.)
This is what I started this length doing under the impression I was doing a Treble (Triple) Crochet, and a Double. Turns out this is only a Half Double and a Half Treble (Triple) Crochet, as I have come to discover (A discovery to me anyway). So rather then learning by step by step intervals I decided to go straight for the halves and the in-betweens! The funny thing about this is that I have already done multiple projects using what I thought was a Single and Double now to find out they are only the half crochet counterparts to the actual stitch.
Here is a transition and comparison between what the half stitches look like next to their whole counter parts! If you notice the yellow is much more thin while the purple is more dense, and just over all has a heavier feel to it, and not just because of the color!
This picture I am mainly putting in to show you the zig-zag look when transitioning colors during the process of the length. It turns out I didn't have enough yellow, nor enough purple so I tried black, and still didn't have enough, so now I'm onto aqua!
Another little yay me moment of the night is that I have made my first crochet flower! I decided to take a break and try something new so I found a tutorial on YouTube and tried my hand at making my first crochet flower! I am so happy that I was able to do it!
(I also had to dig through our sewing box to find what I now understand is a yarn needle!)
Thanks for sharing your adventures in crocheting! Your stitches look great! And way to go on the flower!
ReplyDeleteThanks! ^.^ I was very excited after I figure it out!
ReplyDelete